New Trustee opportunities
As part of its succession planning, HealthProm, is looking for new trustees to join the Board in developing and delivering a new strategy for the organisation, building on the results of its existing five-year strategy that ends this year.
The post(s) offer a great opportunity to share your interest and experience in helping us to support vulnerable children, women and families across Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Afghanistan and to work with migrant communities from the region in the UK. We are also looking for someone to act as Secretary to the Board.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Fulfil the statutory and regulatory requirements of a trustee (full job description available on request)
· Contribute to the development of a new strategy to replace the current 5-year strategy which ends in 2022
· Provide professional advice and support to staff, volunteers and local partners in the design and delivery of existing and new plans and programmes
· Help identify and take forward new opportunities for fundraising
· An understanding of, empathy with, and commitment to HealthProm’s vision, mission and values
· Lived experience of the issues in which HP is involved. This may include: knowledge of the regions in which HealthProm operates and/or of the sectors in which HealthProm is involved (maternal and child health, social care, disability, palliative care, early intervention)
· Understanding, acceptance and commitment to the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
· Experience of board or committee membership in a charitable, public sector or commercial organisation (for the post of secretary)
· Links to a network of current and relevant contacts.
· Ability to spend some additional time beyond the formal responsibilities of the trustee role to assist staff and partners in the delivery of agreed actions
· Beyond preparing for and attending board meetings (usually four or five a year lasting around two hours) we are looking for trustees able to sit on specialist committees and/or to support staff where they have specialist skills and experience to offer.
How to apply
If you are interested or want to receive the full job description, please contact the Chair of the Board of HealthProm, Simon Ray at [email protected]
To apply please provide by Friday 11 February 2022
· a supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the person specification
· a short introductory statement demonstrating your motivation for this role
· a comprehensive CV including details of your achievements in each role and including details of two referees.
Chair of HealthProm 14 January 2022