Location: King’s Cross, London
Unpaid role, 2-3 days per week
All expenses reimbursed
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and committed volunteer to join our small dynamic team in North London. This is a varied role and an excellent opportunity for somebody wishing to gain key skills and experience in project management and UK charity sector. A significant part of the successful candidate’s duties will be providing support to our new London-based project “Migrant Women Support Group”.
HealthProm is a UK-based charity which works to ensure vulnerable children have the best start in life. We focus on supporting the most vulnerable children in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Afghanistan. We support them through strengthening families and communities, increasing access to health and social services, and promoting education for all. We work together with partners to learn and innovate. Our current projects are in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Afghanistan. Recently we have started a new pilot project supporting migrant women in London. More information on our website.
Key purpose of role: To support HealthProm team and Project Steering Group in planning and successful delivery of our new pilot project aimed at supporting vulnerable migrant women in London.
- To deliver the project according to the plans set out by the Project Steering Group, developing and delivering a programme of events and activities.
- To develop partnerships with local voluntary groups and other stakeholders that work with migrant women, to establish referral routes and new opportunities.
- To lead and facilitate involvement of migrant women, including a steering group and ongoing one-off consultations.
- To recruit and manage volunteers for the project
- To contribute to the strategic development of the project by identifying needs, gaps in service provision, and new opportunities.
- To support Director of Operations with project monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills (both English and Russian)
- IT skills (Microsoft packages)
- Good inter-personal skills, able to work well within a small team
- Goal orientated, able to meet deadlines
How to apply: To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining why you are interested in this role and how you meet the requirements to Tanya Buynovskaya: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 10 March 2019.