HealthProm is looking for new trustees to support the work of the Board of trustees in overseeing the governance of the organisation.
The war in Ukraine and the Taliban takeover in Afghanistan have however adversely affected our ability to work in the region as well as creating new demands to help migrants and refugees arriving in the UK.
We are responding to these needs by building up the programmes we are already supporting in London for refugee women and families from Ukraine and Afghanistan.
Given this shift in our work we aim to recruit two new trustees who have direct experience of migration, of adaptation to a new life in the UK and of local programmes in the UK and London providing community support.
The overall role of the job is, with other trustees, to be responsible for the governance and strategic direction of HealthProm, developing the charity’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
Specific responsibilities include to:
· Guide HealthProm policy on the design of refugee programmes in the UK and London
· Build networks and contacts with other organisations involved with community support programmes in London
· Provide support and encouragement to HealthProm staff, advisers and volunteers working on these programmes
· To identify new funding opportunities.
The Board meets virtually about 4 times a year, for about 1-2 hours.
In addition the role would involve participation in project steering groups or other Board committees to support the specific responsibilities above; this could involve up to four hours per month.
Like other trustee roles this post is voluntary and unpaid.
· A basic understanding of and empathy with HealthProm’s vision and mission
· An understanding of and a commitment to the values of HealthProm
· Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
· The ability to work effectively as a member of a board while contributing an independent perspective
· Direct, and preferably lived experience of community programmes and refugee support in the UK and London
· Links to a network of current contacts relevant to the specific responsibilities above
These roles are an addition to the existing Board of trustees and we hope to identify and appoint suitable candidates as soon as possible.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please provide:
· a supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role,
· a short introductory statement demonstrating your motivation for this role,
· a comprehensive CV including details of your achievements in each role and including details of two referees.
All of these documents should be forwarded by email to Simon Ray, Chair of the Board of Trustees at [email protected] by Sunday 5 March 2023
A full job specification of trustees is available on request.
For more detail on HealthProm’s work see our annual review for 2022 at www.healthprom.org