We work to ensure that vulnerable women, children and families have the best chances in life.
Established in 1984, our mission is to work with local partners to provide holistic health and social care for vulnerable women, children and families. We have carried out work with the help of our partners in Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Afghanistan and the UK since we were first established by British doctors and allied health professionals.
HealthProm builds local capacity, empowers local communities and supports sustainable reforms. We assist local governments, professionals and civil society organisations in professional learning, strategy development, monitoring and evaluation, designing new projects and preparing funding proposals.
HealthProm's extensive experience across the globe is tailored to each, individual region.
Some of our projects include:
- Administering mental well-being support, English language classes and employment advice for refugees in the UK.
- Providing emergency humanitarian and financial aid to children and families in Ukraine.
- Protecting the rights of children with severe disabilities and life-threatening conditions by funding healthcare, education and advocacy in Belarus.
- Improving access to girls' education and healthcare in Afghanistan.
- Transforming institutional baby homes into community-oriented Family and Child Support centres in Tajikistan.