We are looking for a consultant fluent in Farsi, Pashto and English to support with data collection for project design supporting the children of Afghan refugees in Islington and Camden Boroughs.
Depending on initial findings, the geographical scope could be adjusted to reach the right number of beneficiaries. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody wishing to use their skills and experience in the charity sector, supporting data collection for project design and development.
We intend to apply for a grant to address the specific challenges that children and young people who have been displaced by conflict face in accessing quality education. It should help ensure young people have a safe space to learn, can learn in their own language, and receive post-trauma support to heal, learn and thrive. The fund aims to ensure missed education does not compound the turmoil in displaced young people’s lives. It will improve access to education and training.
We need to learn what the adolescent refugees want and need in terms of support and guidance so we can help them to fit in with the educational system and with their peers.
The role will involve:
- Mapping of Afghan families in Islington and Camden
- Collecting data on education and adjustment needs of Afghan refugee children and teenagers, with rough numbers and examples of problems.
- Helping to identify partner organisations such as local schools, local authorities and other peer organisations that HealthProm could partner with to design and deliver a specialised [education] project for the Afghan displaced children and teenagers.
- Doing background research for developing specific support initiatives for vulnerable children, teenagers and families
- Delivering a final report with basic information on beneficiaries’ locations, numbers, relevant education and adjustment needs and initial contacts with relevant authorities. The format and scope of the report will be discussed and agreed with the project manager.
- Experience in data collection and needs assessment
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work independently- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in Farsi, Pashto and English
To apply for this job, please submit your CV and cover letter to Masood Amer by e-mail ([email protected])