- Part-time (2-3 days per week). Some occasional evening or weekend work may be required
- Unpaid, expenses covered
Who We Are
HealthProm is a UK-based charity which works to ensure vulnerable children have the best start in life. We focus on supporting the most vulnerable children in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Afghanistan. We support them through strengthening families and communities, increasing access to health and social services, and promoting education for all. We work together with partners to learn and innovate. Our current projects are in Russia, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, Tajikistan and Afghanistan.
About the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic fundraiser interested in developing further career in charity fundraising. The role will be based in our office in Kings Cross, London. The Fundraising Intern will work with the Director of Operations and Fundraising Committee to supprot the development of our unrestricted fundraising programme targeting individual and corporate donors, community events and challenges, trusts and foundations.
Key Elements of the Role
- Identifying potential sources of funds including charitable trusts, corporate donors, individuals, the local community and businesses, and generating funds for the organisation’s activities.
- Managing and developing a range of income opportunities and fundraising projects including community and events fundraising.
- Communicating with supporters, responding to incoming telephone and email enquiries, making follow-up calls, sending regular fundraising updates and writing thank you letters.
- Reviewing past and existing fundraising initiatives by HealthProm and ensuring their appropriate follow up.
- Coordinating the fundraising efforts of the wider Healthprom team –staff, trustees and volunteers.
- Keeping records of fundraising activities and money raised.
- Ability to identify, build and maintain strong, long term relationships with a range of donors, including community, high net worth individuals and corporate.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to persuade both verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising.
Particular aptitude/skills required:
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good working knowledge of databases.
- Excellent relationship builder both on phone and in person, able to effectively communicate with donors.
- Persuasive and effective written style with an eye for detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work load and work to deadlines.
Personal characteristics required:
- Collaborative, team player
- A self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Energetic with initiative and drive
- Friendly, determined, resourceful and professional
- Understanding of how to write persuasive and compelling letters, cases for support and stories
- Database and IT skills
How to apply
- Closing date for applications is 30th June 2019
- To apply please submit your CV and cover letter to Mrs Tanya Buynovskaya, Director of Operations, [email protected]